We invite you to dig deeper into GRAN issues through these upcoming webinars and online events.
- April 19 - 23 US Climate Action Week. Click here for an events list and registration links.
- Wednesday, April 28, 3:00 p.m. ET -- GRAN learning event with Dr. Elizabeth Vibert from the University of Victoria. Dr. Vibert will speak on food sovereignty, sharing stories of resilience from sub-Saharan Africa. For registration and more details click here.
- Wednesday, May 5, 12:00 p.m. ET -- First in a series of webinars featuring acclaimed sub-Saharan writers. The series aims to amplify African
voices and to educate by introducing stories deeply rooted in Africa written by Africans. For the launch of this series, CBC radio host Ismaila Alfa will welcome Cheluchi Onyemelukwe-Onuobia for the release in Canada of her debut novel, The Son of the House. The novel is set against four decades of life in Nigeria, celebrating the resilience of women as they navigate and transform what still remains a man’s world. Click here for more details and a registration link.
- Friday, May 28, 3:00 p.m. ET GRAN will host a panel discussion on why oil and gas exploration by Canadian company Reconnaissance Africa in the Okavango Delta poses risks to the human rights of the local people, the survival of this ecologically sensitive area, and the world's climate. Our guest speakers will include MP Elizabeth May and environmental activists in Namibia. Registration details coming soon.
Links to recordings of past events:
- GRAN Climate Justice Presentation with Dr. Louise Comeau (January 27, 2021) Video link here.
We will do our best to keep this page updated, so we encourage you to check back often!